Sunday 6 March 2011

Welcome

Welcome to 'Unmasterchef'.

My name is Chris Edwards, and I'm a 20 year old Broadcast Journalism student from Shropshire.

I have a variety of hobbies and interests but one particular interest of mine is food. We all know that food is the substance of life, but it also helps if you can cook the food properly.

Thinking about it, I have to admit that there is, after all, one significant difference between television chef Nigella Lawson and myself... Nigella can cook.

Having identified this as a significant flaw in my bag of skills, I have decided that it is time to learn to cook and there is only one suitable candidate to teach me - my Mum.

More or less everyone believes that their Mum is the best at cooking; students when they return home at Easter, adults when they visit at Christmas... we all look forward to Mums meals, so if I can cook like Mum then maybe I can convince everyone that Chris' cooking is best?

As it stands I'm a culinary disaster and it's time to turn that around... it's going to take time and this here blog is going to document my journey from master disaster to master chef.

Enjoy the lessons and other various kitchen bits which will be cooked up over the next couple of months, and "let's be having you", follow my journey - you never know I might teach you something.

Ready, steady...
Image courtesy of 'How To?'

No comments:

Post a Comment