Sunday 24 April 2011

Easter

Just a flying visit...

For a change I've not spent the day slaving over a hot stove, instead I've been wading through Easter Eggs and other various seasonal treats.

That's right, who needs to cook on Easter Sunday when we're inundated with eggs and chocolate, I've enough here to last me till... well next Easter. Actually, while I'm here, could someone explain why we celebrate with eggs, it's beyond me?

Anyway, the real reason I'm blogging - I have a confession to make. Back on Ash Wednesday I wrote that I would be giving up on chocolates, sweets and fizzy drinks for lent... well... lets just say it's not gone so well.

But I have a valid reason, it has become a tradition to eat such rubbish on a Thursday afternoon while I present some student radio... I blame Amy (she's a bad influence).

If you do feel let down, please feel free to comment below... but be kind, I have made some progress! But avoiding the good stuff (the stuff that's 'bad' for me) is much harder than this cooking malarkey. 

3 comments:

  1. Amy is not a bad influence! I serve you in the shop before your show every week and you buy junk food! Although you were a good little boy in the first two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Chris, Easter is celebrated with eggs because Easter is the celebration of the rebirth of Jesus and eggs are a symbol of new life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!!!! Don't go blaming me! :(

    ReplyDelete